Thursday, January 12, 2006

Stateside Minutes

Hey Friends,
Well, we are stateside for Dustin's sister's wedding, and have submitted ourselves to a barrage of health check-ups, dentist appointments, and of course, wedding preparations. We are staying in his parent's motor home, and it's wonderful. For the first time in three months we're not living with anyone else!
It's strange the things you buy when you may not have the opportunity to buy them for a few years...seven bags of couscous, two elephantine sized jars of peanut butter, scads of chocolate chips, enough Swiss Miss to feed a boy scout troupe, and a couple of pounds of unsweetened baking chocolate.
It's weird to be here. It feels more like "time travel" than "coming home". It feels like we've simply plopped right back into the life we left, almost like we'd never gone to Chile. Can't say I'm fond of the feeling. It makes our departure date seem surreal. Am I really to tear myself away from these people I love again?
Blessings,
Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Hello there...this is your cousin Kristin! I didn't know what a Blog was...thanks for showing me the way. It's so much fun to see your pictures! I will try to email you soon.
Love, Kristin