Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Edison's Say



At long last I will make my voice heard! Frankly, I'm surprised there hasn't been more of an uproar; Mommy goes on and on about the ballet, Sophia, and of course...rowing, as if there was anything hard about it. And all the while I'm sure you were thinking; but what of the little prince? Well, let me fill you in. I've come a long way from my early days of slothful indulgence and obesity (see photo). I'm a biped now and prefer cowboy boots and jammies for attire (see other photo). I can now scale my throne (a.k.a. high chair) all by myself through a series of physically demanding contortions and many grunts. I do my part to keep Mommy busy; spilling stuff, playing in the toilet, dumping out everything that is inside of anything, and whatnot. Daddy is very impressed at how I can operate a laptop; whenever I climb up the desk chair and start tapping away, he comes in with such a wide-eyed expression and says a bunch of words that I assume are praise. I'm really into carbs, which makes me a fine Chilean; bread, pasta, crackers, tortillas, and cookies. I'm also an early-riser; I'm up and ready to go at 6:00 which I'm sure my parents love; more quality time together. Though, to expound on that a bit, I hardly recognize them at that fine hour. They're puffy-faced, wild-haired and grumpy for some reason, but fortunately, after Dad has a mug of hot stuff he seems more human. My sister thinks she's a little Mommy; she's always bossing me around and tattling, and even runs commentary during my diaper changes; as if my natural products are THAT gross. I hate baths and scream the whole way through them which is really fun because my voice echoes off the tile walls for good dramatic effect. Beyond all this; my Mommy would insist that I am a sweet little boy who give kisses and darling smiles and hugs, and that I am her precious "little man". I wouldn't say it, but that's what people say, you know.
Be sure to comment, I love attention!
Love, Edison James Gingrich

5 comments:

Paul said...

awesome, sounds a lot like my days!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Edison that you finally got your share of the attention....it was long overdue. Great blog, keep them coming Edison, we love you and will see you soon!!!! Grandma G.

Anonymous said...

hello Edi-boy!
this blog describes someone that sounds a lot like a certain little chubs I know....


great job Sarah! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow edison you are so profound for a todler! Tell your sis, mom and dad that Eric and I love and miss them so.
Michelle Towner

Anonymous said...

hahaha that sounds like edison alright!
sarah you arew a fanstastic writer
love you both!