Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Four Weeks and Counting

To My Most Amiable Readers,

I'm in the home stretch and boy, is it noticeable! You know things are nearing conclusion when the maternity shirts don't quite cover the protruding belly anymore. This makes me quite self-conscious when going down escalators: "Hey look everyone, my belly!"

At present Dustin is up in the Andes for four days on a mission trip. If this baby decides to show up, the only way to get a hold of him would be to call the radio station up there and have them make an announcement that hopefully he'd hear or someone would tell him about. I must admit that it's really hard for me right now when he travels for days at a time. Mostly its just physical exhaustion in my eight-months along state; I live for naptime and bedtime when I can stretch out and doze. The other part is just downright emotional...I don't have my tag-team partner to lean on when Edison has peed on the floor...again and again, or Sophia cries about picking up her toys. It's hard to be a one-parent family; I can't imagine how single parents cope!
Thankfully, this is Dustin's last trip before the baby, so I've just got to get through this week without going nuts ; ).
Your Most Devoted, Sarah

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh honey. I have been there and still am. I am praying for you. I have no incredible words for you. But I do think the Lord blessed us with nap and bed times:) You can do it. As I am learning my husbad isn't my lifeline, Jesus is. Learn to give everything including your lifeline to Him! Boy is it hard not to rely so much on your hubby/best friend. Trust me I'm not one to preach but that is something I am walking through right now. You can do it! I am Praying!!!!

Andrea said...

Dearest Sarah, I just wanted you to know that I am sending up a petition before God's glorious throne of grace for you this morning and asking Him to sustain you( Psalm 5:3,"In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."). In reading the Psalms this morning, this verse comes to my mind for you, "But you are a shield about me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head (Psalm 3:3)." I will ask God that in His mercy He will sustain you this week while Dustin is away and that He will put your heart at rest. I miss you friend and wish I could be there to help out! Blessings, Andrea

Anonymous said...

Yes! My dad and Dustin come home today. You can make it; you will make it. See you soon-
Lizzie

highestform said...

Wow! May I say you look spectacular for an eight month pregnant lady! Not like me, and my atrocious swollen face and cankles. Soon it will be over, take heart! You'll have a full blooded Chilean living in your house in no time! That makes me think... was Edison born in Chile? I can't remember. We're thinking and praying for you guys as always. Take care Sarah and let Dustin wait on you on little when he gets home!

Anonymous said...

you'll make it sarah
and remeber i am only a phone call away if you ever need help with the loons. i love them and you two!
and you look gorgeos...positively glowing :P
God bless you