Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Three Rascals

Reuben, sweet smiling Ruby Tuesday, Toos, Roobs (he goes by many names!), is enjoying life. He's learning how to walk; five steps at the most (well, the last two are usually in a falling fashion), and has a favorite game, "uh-oh". In "uh-oh", he drops stuff. Says "uh-oh" and laughs. And I pick it up. And he drops it. Ad nauseum ; ). He also says "nana" for anything that looks good to eat (from "banana" which he LOVES with all his baby passion). He's at a very crazy age as he can get into everything and yet doesn't know that buttons are not for eating, one shouldn't play splish-splash in the potty and so on. He keeps me on my toes!

Edison is enjoying his homeschool curriculum, "Fiction, Fun, and Fairy Tales" and now spends vast stretches of time sitting on the couch looking at his story books. He is very good at entertaining himself and has an active imagination. My favorite things he says to me are:

1. "Mommy I just want to watch you." -he loves to sit at the peninsula in our kitchen and watch me chop, cook, and even wash dishes; peppering me with questions, singing me songs, and making conversation. He's also a first-rate garlic clove peeler!

2. "Mommy, I want to hold you!" -not, "hold me", but "hold you!" I love it, and I'll be very sad when he learns to say it properly.

3. "Mommy, you're locked." -This is said when he has wrapped his little toddler arms tight around my neck when I hug him goodnight in his bed. Only serious tickling "unlocks" me! He's so sweet!

My sweet Sophia is growing up so fast! She too is enjoying homeschooling; I've been delighted to see how she's relating her new knowledge to the world around her. She loves to draw and her and I make coloring pages relating to the stories in her curriculum. She is such a social creature and is recently learning that Edison won't play with her if she bosses him around (he's content to go play alone), so she's out a playmate if she isn't kind! She's enjoying her ballet classes and her Chilean friends in class and in the neighborhood. Her Spanish is improving by leaps and bounds. Soon she'll be speaking much better than we do!

Hope you enjoyed this glimpse of the wee Gingrichs : ).

4 comments:

Paul said...

Clearly these children are missing one thing! that is hanging out with my children. Such a thing could be seen as abuse. SO you better get over here soon!!!!

highestform said...

She is a little Sarah for sure!

IDanceForChrist said...

see you all in five weeks and four days! roughly.....
give the kiddos a hug and plan for wonderful afternoons swimming together in Tenglo come summer, ok?love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah your babies are so grown up and so so beautiful. Mine are getting old too. I can't believe that Judah is 5! Love you guys.
Kristen W.