Sunday, December 14, 2008

VICTORY!!!


We did it!!!
Yoya and I won the women's doubles 500 meter race this past Saturday the 13th.
Needless to say, we're pretty psyched!

In my second race of the day, we raced mixed doubles (one guy, one girl). Daniel and I lost by about three strokes! All in all a fun day and one more opportunity to
invest in the lives of these amazing youth. Please keep us in prayer as we live out a life of love among them.

Our rowing kid's Bible study group has agreed to our crazy idea of visiting an orphanage in another town on the 22nd of this month to bless the 33 boys that live there. We're going to make Christmas cards and goodies for them and hope to have lots of time to play with them at a local park. Please pray that our youth would be challenged by this experience to walk more closely with our Lord.

Blessings!!!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

WHAOO! Congrats Sarah!!! Sounds like a great day! Can't wait to hear about your visit to the orphanage.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo, Sarah! I am so proud of all your and Yoya's hard work! Congrats! Will be praying as the rowers celebrate with the boys in the orphanage!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Yeah Sarah,
You and Yoya are so awesome! I'm proud to be the friend of a famous athelete. It's as close as I'll ever get to an athletic victory and so I savor it with you (don't worry I'm not grieving my lack of sweaty endeavors, just enjoying yours) And God bless your visit to the orphanage!
In His Hands,
Kristen Wilks

IDanceForChrist said...

congratulations, Sarah!
I'm psyched to get home. This in-the-middle-ness of almost-there-but-not-yet is aggravating.
Row on!