Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Comedy of Rowers

To my most amiable readers;

Twelve kilometers...that's about nine miles I'm told. That's how far I rowed today! I was out in a double boat with Deborah, our comissionaries' daughter and my dear friend. I'm getting "man hands". I've got callouses all across my palms and scrapes on my knuckles, and a rather sore back, but for all that, I just love it. After docking and draining our boat we saw a huge bright double rainbow arching from the mainland, across the channel to Tenglo Island. It was so beautiful.

As to the comedy...Dustin is also learning rowing. He is in the "first days", which basically consist of lots of embarassment, snickering bystanders, and...for him...flipping his boat in shallow water and getting soaked right up to his Nascar hat. Luckily everyone used the opportunity to teach him a new phrase as each kid that came by asked him repeatedly, "You flipped over?!" You can read his first-hand version on his site: dustinfieldnotes.blogspot.com. Enjoy.

Hope this finds you all merrily,
Your Devoted Sarah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bravo sarah! you know,hardly any new rowers can row so far a distance with so little experience! you rock! [ ok how dumb can i sound!] well anyway as a fellow rower i offer my congrats and hope for my more sesions just like that one......anyway remember the lessons of rowing double;you have to be in complete sync with your fellow ''boat-mate''and not be tempted to go off on your own thing![a new life lesson i suppose!] till then....bye bye!! till the next session on water..........and please forgive these corny comments! = P

Anonymous said...

ohhhh and by the way you did just GREAT and FANTASTIC!

highestform said...

Ha ha ha... To see Dustin Rowing in a Nascar hat!!! Oh what would I give to be there!