Saturday, July 08, 2006

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock..."

To My Most Amiable Readers,

Blessings! To my Christian readers, I have a prayer request. It seems that God has opened a door for Dustin and I to host a Bible study in our home weekly with the youth from the rowing club. We've been making inquiries here and there if there would be interest in that sort of thing, and the response has been a resounding "Yes!". Praise be to God for this opportunity!!
As for preparation; we would like a covering of prayer; that we would have wisdom and ears closely listening to the Father as we speak of Him in word and deed. Also, please pray that I would be able to translate discipleship materials in a way readily understandable and clear to the youth. We are excited that God has opened this door; we're excited that we can rest in Him, that He holds all the plans, we being tools in His hands.
Today we were out on Tenglo Island, participating in the weekly Kid's Bible Club. What a gorgeous day!!! And what sweet children! They learned today of Moses being put in the Nile and taken up by the Pharoah's daughter as they munched down their jam sandwiches and hot chocolate. Their mothers come too and talk around the woodstove, passing the mate (a tea served in a common gourd). Their older brothers also come, mostly for the ping-pong playing and soccer. As we were walking home we saw a brilliant rainbow arching out over the ocean and I had to smile, remembering God's promise, His love. How blessed we are to be His children!!
To my non-Christian readers, so sorry to have ignored you, won't you come and know Him who calls to you? He loves you. He desires your love in return. In Him is life, and love, and joy abundant! But He won't force you; it is His way to let His creation choose, that He might have the joy of being freely loved! Won't you speak with Him? What do you have to lose?

Your Most Devoted,
Sarah

3 comments:

Glenna said...

thats so awesome Sarah...and I will gladly pray for you guys. I like to know specifically how I can pray for you guys. I ain't no prayer warrior but I will pray for you on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

I admire your courage in addressing non-Christian readres; wish I could be more of an evagelist. I really need to work on that! and you can be sure that I will keep you in my prayers!

GO ITALY!!

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»