Saturday, September 02, 2006

Soccer in the Boat House

To My Most Amiable Readers,

I'm still sore from yesterday, though I'm not sure if it's due to the weight-lifting or the impromptu game of soccer that followed....

I think I watched too much world cup or something.

So we started kicking around a half-flat soccer ball, and there being roughly the same amount of guys as girls, we automatically fell into two teams. Now...the boat house is narrow with racks of boats on either side, and boat parts, and chunks of styrofoam, and random ropes and other hazards all over the place. So we thought it perfect for a game.

There was initially one goal, that being the open door to outside, and one poor guy guarding it. Usually the way a goal was scored would be all of us bull-rushing the keeper until he, the ball, and us erupted through the door in fits of laughter. Though a few times we got clean shots through the goal, and yelling "Goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaallllllllllll!", we would run, fists shot up in the air through the boat house.

As for me, I rather surprised myself with my aggresiveness (like I said, too much world cup), but it seemed to work because I kept stealing the ball from the guys, and made a few goals too with the warbly music from the stereo nailed to the wall heralding my victory....

Anyways, so much laughter, so much fun; definetely a good workout too. So if I'm sore, at least it was for a good cause. We just got back now from Tenglo Island where we helped with the kid's club. Today I brought art supplies and lead the kids in drawing what they had learned about Moses receiving the Ten Commandments on Mt. Sinai. Very fun.

Your Devoted,
Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes sarah!! you were great! youre enthusiasm startled even me! ohhh wellit was so much fun...so thanx for letting me watch your kids....theyre the best....well keep up with the great uploads sarah...bye!!

Anonymous said...

Somehow you and great enthusiasm doesn't suprise me all that much.:)
Alicia<><