Thursday, August 31, 2006

Three and One

Well this was the month for sugar highs and shaking hands. Why shaking hands? Well, from squeezing frosting onto Edison's and Sophia's birthday cakes....hence also the sugar highs : ).

Edison turned one on the 19th, and Sophia three on the 24th. The parties were super fun; we invited friends over to celebrate with a light meal and then cake and ice cream (Turkey Hill Ice Cream!!!! Still amazes us that we can get a Pennsylvania local brand here). After opening gifts we prayed as a group over the children, thanking God for their lives and asking His blessings over them as they grow. Very sweet...Sophia prayed for Edison : ).

This is us at Sophia's party....if the big pink cake didn't give it away...

Ah...Edison enjoying his first birthday cake with gusto!!! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday to both of your kids!! They are so big now! Those cakes look great, makes me hungry! School is less then a week away, and I keep having more kids sign up. The count so far is 23, I am glad that is split into three groups, I could never have 23 4-year-olds at once. Jason and I are going camping with my parents at Glacier, should be a fun time. Have a great day!

Kristy

solnechko said...

hey - those are some really nice cakes!! They look so perfect and store bought, but I'm sure they tasted much much better!