Thursday, January 04, 2007

Works In Progress


To My Most Amiable Readers,

Greetings from sunny, for today at least, Chile! We are in the swing of summer and are enjoying the fruits and fresh air. I especially delight that my clothes are drying in one day instead of four or five : ). This has been perfect weather for the flurry of activity on Tenglo Island.

A team of four guys associated with Weaverland Mennonite Church in Pennsylvania are down here helping to construct the house which lies at the rear of the property. Dustin has been absolutely delighted by their willingness to work hard and their knowledge of construction. He also doesn't mind getting to speak English all day long! As I write this, he is contentedly crunching down some of the hard pretzels they brought us.

As for me, I've started a more intense rowing schedule; going three times a week for about two and a half hours in the mornings. I hope to be in good racing form for the Chilean National Rowing Finals in February. I pray that God will use this extra time around my friends at rowing to strengthen and deepen those relationships for the kingdom!

The kids are doing great; I'm really amazed at how fast they grow! A few months ago Edison couldn't walk by himself, now he runs, climbs the playground equipment and goes down the slides alone! Sophia loves to be a "little Mommy" to him, correcting him, feeding him (even though he can do it himself), carrying him, and generally bossing him around. Both kids are terrorized by our lab pup who thinks Edison is a walking chew-toy and that Sophia's screams mean "chase me faster".

So, that's a bit of an update on us, how are you?

Your Most Devoted, Sarah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, we're glad to hear things are going well. I've just switched jobs (still doing software development, but for a different company now).

Our weather has been a bit summerish as well, although it's supposed to be winter here. I think I saw about two snow flurries back in November sometime, but other than that there hasn't been anything close to snow. Hope all is well.

~ Daniel (and Natalie)

Paul said...

Sounds pretty cool, oh Dustin how we miss your 'English' speaking (maybe American speaking) Sarah the only thing missing in that story is an extra pizza carefully placed in the fridge in case a hungry Russian neighbor may stop by ;)

Peace you guys,

Paul