Thursday, February 01, 2007

Summer Fun



To My Most Amiable Readers,
We are in the hot grip of a heat wave here in Puerto Montt, and boy....we're loving it! I don't remember the last time it rained, and that's saying a lot for this rainy region. I've washed everything in the house and watched with joy as the bright sun dried it quickly, freeing up the clothesline for the next load. Now if you're thinking right now that I'm a bit touched in the head for getting giddy about that, then you've never lived without a dryer in a rainy season (which lasts roughly seven months). Here the kids are enjoying some homemade popsicles. We were at Sodimac, the Chilean version of Home Depot, yesterday and Dustin was waiting in line to pay while I tried to find something. Arriving at his side, I spotted these cheap popsicle molds and promptly threw two packs in the cart with a sheepish grin at Dustin. He laughed saying, "I KNEW you were going to buy those! I knew as soon as I saw them!". What can I say? Ever since I was a kid I've loved making popsicles, and I guess I'll never grow out of it. We are excited to receive Dustin's parents tomorrow. They will be staying for a whole month, and we look forward to good times spent with them. Dustin's dad, Dave, will be helping Dustin with the construction of the house on Tenglo, and during their stay we will take some vacation time with them and head either north, east, or south (plans are yet in the works). As most of my readers are in winter right now, I'd just like to share that I have a great tan. Har har har har!

Your Devoted, Sarah

6 comments:

Paul said...

but you never made any in caronport??? or did you and hide them from me!? and my eating ways? how dare you!

Sarah Gingrich said...

Well, as you well know, you only came to the door when the halls were filled with the aroma of sizzling pizza or gooey chocolate chip cookies, or cinnamon swirl bread....you can't sniff out popsicles; but all that to say...I didn't have any popsicle molds there....or did I....har har

Michael Mellinger said...

Sarah,

I love reading your blog still. It's exciting to see how things are going down there in Chile and oh how i long to go back there sometime. Right now, I'm an RA in Daejeon, South Korea. Check out my blog...I'm gonna be here for 2.5 years! :-D

Mike

Jen Gilbertson said...

Sarah Lenora . . . You guys are probably having a fantastic time with Dustin's folks! That's so great they could come visit.

I just got off the phone with Glenna and it made me all nostalgic for the MWSB people, especially all the Pennsylvanians with their many many children. It was so good to talk with our dear Crusty Bubble/ G-Dog.

(I totally remember Redeeming Love going around the circle. I'm not sure if I ever read it though.)

Anonymous said...

Considering it is 15 out popciles don't really sound that good. But I grew up on those and when I had kids I begged mom for her molds. Yous are quite nifty with the juice catcher and spout. My kids just get all wet and sticky. AHH, a warm summer day...
Alicia<><

highestform said...

Well just to let you know - you've been missing out on some wonderful Saskatchewan weather - It's been minus 40 with the windchill! I haven't been able to take Sasha outside to play for over a week - too cold. I know I'm making you jealous, so I'll stop.

Love ya!