Friday, July 20, 2007

Milk Box Nursery

Edison tenderly caring for the babies in their brand-new milk box beds. Why milk box? Because in many Latin American countries, milk is sold on the shelf in either 1 liter boxes or bags. The milk is processed at a high temperature which enables it to keep safely at room temperature until opened. This is great as many people do not own refrigerators and the small size makes sure the opened milk doesn't go to waste. Each morning I "milk the cow" for the kid's cereal by cutting open a liter bag and pressure squeeze it into a pitcher...hee hee. Sometimes the milk ends up all over the countertops and floor; I call that "mad cow milk", instead of Sarah-has-morning-hands-syndrome. Does anyone else get weak hands in the morning? It's like my hands get stupid while I sleep and opening anything is beyond impossible for the first hour or so.
Anyways, I think boxes are the best toys a kid can have. Thanks Mom for letting us take over the living room whenever an appliance box became available for castle/house/boat/fort construction. These milk box beds sure made Sophia's day. Finally I end with two content little ones making sure my cake batter is up to snuff. It was. : )
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Edison looks so completely ADORABLE!! he does love his dolls.
se ay tomorrow.
:D

Anonymous said...

*ya...

:P