Thursday, November 01, 2007

Behold, A Son!

Are we blessed or what?!? Dear friends, we are proud to present our newest little Gingrich, Reuben Scott. He was born yesterday at 10:49 in the morning weighing in at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 20 inches long.
I awoke at 7:15 in the morning to mild crampiness which, within an hour, changed to regular strong contractions, two minutes apart! I called Dustin to make him aware that baby may be on its way sometime that day. A half hour later I was calling him up and telling him he'd better get home fast! An hour later we arrived at the clinic, where I was discovered to be 7 cm. dialated and in full-blown labor. The pain was through the roof, though, comically I couldn't scream (I've lost my voice for a week now). I got an epidural, and a half hour later I was fully dialated. After 5 minutes of pushing, he came (no stitches, yes!)!
We were so surprised that it was a boy! For some reason we both thought we'd have another girl. Reuben means "Behold, a son!", and it certainly was appropriate to what we thought at that moment!
I give praise to God for this three and a half hour labor, this fine little boy, and the wonderful team that helped him to come out safely! We have been so blessed. Thank you for praying!
With much joy,
Sarah Lenora

4 comments:

Paul said...

Hey you guys congratulations!!!!!!! Very excited for you!!!!

Dana said...

Congrats!! That's so great that you had another boy. He is so adorable! Glad to hear the labor was smooth sailing and quick. That's always a God given blessing.
Take care and take it easy as you recover!
Dana, Arlan, Trey and Bre

Alicia said...

I have been checking many times throughout the last few days hoping and praying. YAHOO! What a cutie:) I am so glad everything went good. Congrats guys!! I hope you start feeling better soon (cold wise) I had a cold after Adalynn and it was HORRIBLE! Give him a smooch! Can't wait to meet him in Feb!

Kristy said...

What a sweet baby boy! That is so exciting. I too have been checking every day. I can't wait to meet your little one, and have you meet Weston too!