Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thank You

To My Most Amiable Readers;

Thank you for your prayers. These last few days have been pretty incredible. We've met with pretty much everyone involved and heard their stories; praying with them and offering here and there the "word in season". Obedient to sound counsel, we've refrained from trying to "repair" the church. In a vigilia (night vigil) the other night we remained silent while the Spirit moved within the group. One by one they began confessing their sins one to another, asking forgiveness and extending it. When asked what lay on my heart as a need, I offered that I needed to worship God with fellow believers-that I couldn't minister to the lost without having the family of God to encourage me, pray for me, and hold me accountable. I know God will provide that; whether it is with them as a new emergent fellowship is between them and the Lord. We are willing to walk with them as brothers and sisters if they should choose to walk as a Chilean church.

Tonight we heard the pain and frustration of another family. We love them so much and it pained us deeply to see them so hurt and perplexed. After many tears and talking, we came to a place of joy; that God was leading us to work together in a new way. Though this does not involve what I'll call for the moment "the remnant" (the aforementioned group), we believe that this is right. I wish I could be more specific, but these are our beloved friends and these issues are not for public airing. Know that we feel God's peace in this new direction of his Kingdom expanding here in Puerto Montt.

Splits are terribly wounding, but new life and purpose can come from the wreckage. Please continue to pray that God's Kingdom would advance with power in this place; among these groups we have the honor of working with. Please pray that all grievances would be put in the light in an honorable way; and that God would strengthen the Chileans in forgiveness and love.

Your Most Devoted, Sarah

P.S. Keep praying!!!! Please!!!

3 comments:

Paul said...

Our Prayers are with you guys!

Anonymous said...

There is a reason that it's the two of you during this time of transition. I don't know what or why, but I do know that God has chosen you all for Puerto Montt during this season. He knows what He's doing and will give you both daily strength and encouragement. Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty promises.

PS. Happy July 4th, Dustin I expect a huge american flag to be flown from you front window and I want a picture as proof.

T

Sarah Gingrich said...

Sorry Trav, Dustin totally disappointed you. I actually completely forgot about the 4th till it was a day past.