Friday, June 20, 2008

Walking Thus

To My Most Amiable Readers;

We've been here all of a week, and have been in conversation. Part pain, part hope. It overjoys us to just be with these people whom we love, and it pains us to see bitterness/pain/frustration boiling in their eyes as they speak about others in the church. I can't express how conflicted this leaves me.

The beautiful thing is that we're going to worship on Sunday with two of the families in one of their homes. I crave to go to Him who can help with them by my side. Tonight we're going with one of the other families to their small group they're leading with unbelievers. Tomorrow we're attending a vigilia (night prayer vigil) with another family; specifically praying for the church. Interestingly enough, I showed my art from my last post to one of the men in the church and he looked at it intensely and told me that he had had a dream that looked very much like the picture I drew. In it the men are represented by the orange figure, the women by the red, and the children by the pink. We all soberly agreed that church splits tend to alienate the children, who feel like one less thing in this world is secure. I expressed this by drawing the child figure half out of the picture; nearly forgotten.

So here we walk. We ask that you pray for the Chileans, that love and forgiveness and forbearance would grow in them to such an extent that healing can be made.

Your Most Devoted, Sarah

1 comment:

IDanceForChrist said...

dear Sarah, I know God is going to use you guys as reconciliation among our brothers. Im in MS, but this afternoon I was looking at a picture of our old house and missed it soooo much! well, there is definitely no room here for homesickness, so I hope after this week, being settled in will settle my emotions too. love you !! a smacking kiss-