Saturday, June 10, 2006

Some Certain Sentiments

To my most amiable readers,

Due to technical frustrations, my writing has been impeded, but now I go on, bravely into the foray of digital communication once again! Take heart, young writer, and type!

Well then...surely that should be followed up by some profound insight or something of that nature....hmmm. Our dog got hit by a car, again. He's alright, he always gets babied after run-ins of that nature, and besides favoring his one leg is up and chasing away any and all other dogs who might seek to usurp his position of benefactor of our home. To my unprofessed delight, he follows me to the rowing club and sits on an old leather van seat while I lift weights and awaits me on the dock when I row back in. I've developed quite an unexpected fondness for the now-familiar streetdogs too. Especially one named "CHA CHA" who is a bundle of energetic muscle, vaulting off the sidewalk at every motorized vehicle attempting safe passage through her territory, giving them a good barking-at, and then sauntering cheerfully back to her perch.

I'm currently reading Middlemarch by George Elliot, having just finished Candide by Voltaire, both of which I am greatly pleased with. I'm a little startled by the similarity of Candide to Gulliver's Travels and The Odysey, and quite, even Pilgrim's Progress. If you have read Candide, please be sure to let me know what you thought of it.

May this find you in good health, high spirits, and close communion with God,
Your Most Devoted,
Sarah

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah! I am braving the technical world as well and am attempting to leave a comment for you. I miss you so! Just reading your excerpt made me feel as if I was in the same room with you.
I know what you mean about the stray dogs...when I was in Argentina there were stray dogs on every street corner and I grew quite close to one as well although I don't remember his name.
I love reading your blogs and seeing your pics. I bet Edison is getting into all kinds of mischief by now. Duncan is walking around and keeping me VERY busy.
That's about it for now. Talk again soon.
Lawanda
P.S. Darin says BAAAAAAMMMP chicken

Anonymous said...

i never believed anyone could have liked that dog...now i see how wrong i was!! its good to know however there still exist softhearted people out there!!
love ya buddy....

Anonymous said...

i never believed anyone could have liked that dog...now i see how wrong i was!! its good to know however there still exist softhearted people out there!!
love ya buddy....